Texas Boys State Application
NOTE: The only way this process fully works as designed is if YOU PRESS THE BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM ENTITLED "SAVE INFORMATION TO PREPARE TO PRINT" when you complete entering your information on the form.
By pressing this button, you will submit the information electronically, and an e-mail with all of this information will be sent immediately to the applicant's e-mail address that you just entered on the Applicant's e-mail portion of the form so that you may prepare for the final steps noted below.
Let's now begin the Application Process!
American Legion Boys State is designed to bring out the best in America's future leaders. Attendees are selected because they are the best representatives of both their schools and their communities.
As you complete this application, you will be signing a Boys State pledge in the Applicant section, which reminds all potential delegates of the honor and value that the American Legion has for and requires of each young man.
To complete the application, please take the following steps:
- All applicants must have been directed to apply by an American Legion representative/designee. In most cases, this is done after an interview process….in some cases, it will be done prior to one, as directed by said Legion representative/designee.
- For those towns where an American Legion post is not active currently, find one nearby in either your county or geographic area to contact. If you are unable to find one from this listing or have other questions, please contact us, as we want to assist you in locating an American Legion post that can assist with your participation in the program!
- Once you are ready to complete the application, fill out all required fields and all others that are applicable. This process should take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
- Once you have completed all of the appropriate information asked for within the form, YOU MUST PRESS THE BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM ENTITLED "SAVE INFORMATION TO PREPARE TO PRINT". By pressing this button, you will submit the information electronically, and an e-mail with all of this information will be sent immediately to the applicant's e-mail address that you just entered on the Applicant's e-mail portion of the form so that you may prepare for the final steps noted below.
- Upon receiving the e-mail (be sure to check your junk/spam folder of the applicant's e-mail if you do not see it in your Inbox), you will then print the application and then gather 4 of the 5 required signatures (the applicant, a parent/guardian, the physician, and a school representative) on the signature lines of the printed form.
- You may then turn this signed document into to your local American Legion post representative/designee, where he/she will sign the form on the appropriate line and review for overall completeness.
Once the form is reviewed for completeness and all signatures are gathered, the American Legion representative/designee will then forward those individuals chosen to attend the program to the Austin Headquarters location to confirm attendance. Once this attendance is confirmed, materials will be e-mailed to both the applicant and the family with instructions for participation.
We look forward to another great year at Texas Boys State! Please contact us with any questions you may have.